“Pray always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
A tool to help you to pray (A.C.T.S.)
The attitude of thankfulness is prevalent in the Scripture. We are told to express our gratitude and appreciation to God. The word thankfulness is used in the Greek New Testament in two ways: 1) grace and 2) to confess/ acknowledge. “Thankfulness is a mental and/or verbal expression of one's acknowledgement and appreciation of God's person, His grace, blessings, and sovereign work in one's life and the world.” (J. Hampton Keathley, III, The Reasons for Thanksgiving, bible.org).
Why should we be thankful:
1. Because God has given us His Son (Jn 3:16).
2. Because God has given us His Word (2 Pet 1:20-21).
3. Because God has given us His Spirit (Rom 8:
4. Because God is good (Ps 106:1; 107:1; 8, 15, 21, 31).
S (supplication or intercession):
• Take time to thank God for His character and many blessings today!
• Begin a journal and start recording His hand of goodness and faithfulness in your life.