Related to the Word of God
* Jehovah Witnesses (JW) teach that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, but they argue that the Bible can only be interpreted properly by the Watchtower Society.
* The Bible teaches that the Word of God is “inspired by God…” (2 Tim 3:16) and was written by “men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God” (2 Peter 1:21).
Related to the Person of Jesus Christ
* JW teach several things about Jesus Christ: 1) He was just a perfect man; 2) He existed in three stages (Archangel Michael, the man Jesus of Nazareth, and the new, recreated (not resurrected) Michael); 3) He is “a God” but not “the God;” therefore, Jesus is not coequal and coeternal with the true God.
* The Bible teaches clearly teaches the deity and resurrection of Jesus Christ. John and Paul taught that Jesus was fully God (John 1:1; Colossians 1:9-20; 2:9). Jesus even taught that he was an agent in his own resurrection (John 2:19-21).
Related to Salvation
* JW teach that salvation is based on the death of Jesus Christ but with stipulations. Based upon which class you are in will determine the method of salvation. Each JW, including the 144,000, must earn his or her salvation through good work and merit.
* The Bible explains that man’s righteousness and good work are like “filthy rags” (Is 64:6) and describes man as an enemy to God unable to “please God” (Rom 8:7-8). The Bible is clear—there is no salvation given to man except through Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12).
Related to the Trinity
* JW reject and deny the teaching of the Trinity. JW argue that there is only one God who is limited to a specific location.
* The Bible teaches that each Person of the Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is eternally God in person, nature, and being.
Related to Man
* JW teach that man was created by God but denies any teaching that man was created in the image of God. Because man is not an immortal being, death is a final annihilation of the body.
* The Bible teaches that man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27). God designed man with intelligence, will, and emotion and designed him to have an eternal relationship with his Creator.
Related to Afterlife
* JW do not believe in an eternal hell. All bodies of unbelievers will be annihilated. JW teach that the true followers of Jehovah will be recreated and either reign with Him in heaven or remain on earth.
*The Bible teaches that hell is a place of “eternal destruction, away from the presence of God” (2 Thess 1:9) and is described as lasting forever (Isa 33:14; Matt 25:41, 46).