Thursday, September 6, 2007

Short Prayers

Some of my most cherished memories here at Dallas Seminary have been the opportunities to glean from the wisdom and counsel of my professors. One of my favorites was Dr. Ramesh Richard who has a heart and passion for his students (Ramesh Richard; RReach). Not only is Dr. Richard a prayer warrior but also a spiritual counselor who offers intellectual insights to many of our world’s questions. During my final semester I had a class with Dr. Richard who gave us some insights on prayer. It was one of my last classes and his words definitely left an imprint in my prayer life.

1) Lord,
Look through me.
Lead through me.
Love through me.
Live through me.

2) “Feel free to show off at my expense.”

3) “Make me useful, fruitful, and profitable for Your glory.”

4) “Don’t give me so much that I run independently; don’t give me so little that I get discouraged.”

5) “Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God.” (William Carey)

No comments: