Saturday, June 9, 2007

O' Father!

“When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.” -William Shakespeare

“The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother.”- Theodore M. Hesburgh

“Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.” -Ecclesiasticus, 44:1

“A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season.”- Author Unknown

My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.- Clarence B. Kelland

“It is a wise father that knows his own child.”-William Shakespeare

“To become a father is not hard, to be a father is, however.”- Wilhelm Busch

“A wise son maketh a glad father.” Proverbs 10:1

“It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.”- Anne Sexton

No comments: